Beverlyn R

| map-marker New York, New York

I am trying to reach an actual agent to ask a simple question

I currently have a residential account and want to change the name on the bill to the other owner of the property. How can I make this change.

I am trying to reach an actual agent to ask a simple question and have tried calling at least 6 different numbers and they are all the same automated numbers that does not allow you to reach an actual person

map-marker Orlando, Florida

EV charging

Try to speak with a live person, the only way is to say there's a live wire down. If you don't you'll get lost in the maze of prerecorded responses regardless if applicable or not.

Second, advertising service that's super limited leaves customers frustrated. I'm talking about ev charging in particular. Third, telling customers it not possible to install a level 2 charger in my home highlights the ignorance and incompetence of the organization. I already have one installed and has been working for 2 years at level 2 charging speed.

My interest in your product was for the deal on power. Your phone maze addresses none of my questions and those actual people gave conflicting information.

Basically wasted about an hour of my time. If you want to sell something, get to know it first.

Dorn Rju

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

I want I want someone to explain to me how the program works. Thanks a lot.

Im oin the LEAHP program and my electricity was disconnected. I call FPL, to find out why, and the Ms.

who answers tells me that my past due balance is $88.17. So, I asked the lady to explain to me how the LEAHP program works. And this lady started repeating my balance, the date of my last payment, and if I wanted to pay at that time.

The two information,and the question, were repeated to me over and over again like a robot. Again, and again, and once more.

User's recommendation: Well, I think that costumer service should receive more and better training..

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Need to speak with a representative

Impossible to contact FPL representatives. They purposely have no direct phone number to reach an agent.

My bill doubled since January and I am unable to reach a rep to have them check the meter. Now they are threatening to cut off my power.

What recourse do I have legally?

User's recommendation: Send info to local, county, and state government officials. I am sending all the emails and messages to every Florida government officials I can. This company is purposely avoiding customers because they know they are ripping us off

map-marker Bonita Springs, Florida

Delete surge protection plan - calls to customer service get passed around and around and around until someone somewhere thinks they have solved complaint, but after. 2 months and several calls TBD

Customer service phone system is awful. Long wait times followed by one person after another forwarding my calls to someone else.

When someone finally says billing for unwanted service will stop and refund will be provided, we do not yet know if this cycle of calls was successful. No real feedback mechanism beyond reviewing the bill to see if correction was made this go around. I have been ringing since mid April to cancel a protection plan we do not want.

Todays last person I was passed to on the phone seemed interested in correcting the problem and was proactive. Now we wait for next billing cycle to see if the correction got implemented.

Sherry B Njb

Verified Reviewer

There is no way to speak with an agent

I have a billing dispute that requires an agent and cant get hold of one. I have called every number possible and just get automated responses. When I ask for agent or representative it says that option is not available.

Cons:
  • No agent to talk to

Preferred solution: Resolution

Takari Izp

| map-marker Lake Worth, Florida

Dispute $5 late fee

Mailed payment for monthly electrical service on 4/5/2024 to FPL General Mail Facility in Miami. Put payment in the mail 9 days early.

Payment was not credited for 21 days (4/21/24.) Next bill comes with a $5.00 late fee.

Tried and failed to get a human being on the phone to get late fee removed. I could have walked this payment to Miami from Lake Worth faster than 21 days! Deducted $5 late fee and paid the next months bill. Wrote FPL CEO an email on 5/13/24 identifying this ridiculous situation.

Awaiting reply. No resolution to date

User's recommendation: pay by phone - it is obvious they don't want us to use the mail.

map-marker Pompano Beach, Florida

Billing question

Your customer service absolutely stinks. Used all means but not allowed to speak to a person and your interactive session was terrible.

Luna B Wax

No bill explanation

I feel like it's impossible to talk to someone and it's extremely frustrating and disappointing. I'm calling and I'm getting a robotic voice that is unable to help me, there is no option to talk to a real person or a direct phone. Why am I looking for a service and can't get help?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Unclarity

Preferred solution: Knowing why I am paying so much

User's recommendation: Do not use this service

map-marker Tampa, Florida

Final notice

Got an extension until Aug. 12 but received a cancellation notice today for power to be shut off. Glad I had the agreement of extension.

User's recommendation: Save all emails stating extension agreement

Mike U Nqa

Verified Reviewer

I started new service with FPL about 2 weeks ago as my wife and I were closing on a house on 7/3. I got that setup online and honestly cannot remember if I set up a password or not.

I have not been able to log into my account from day 1. I have called 5-6 times over the past 2 weeks and at first, they indicate that a ticket was created, and someone would call me, but nobody called me. I tried re-registering, but the system told me that an account already exists. I have tried submitted a password re-set about a dozen times and never get an email back as your system says I should (and yes, I checked the spam folder).

I tried again today and talked to someone in web services who told me there is nothing they can do. You are not a mom-and-pop operation and I would think resetting a password would not require a lot of skill or effort but apparently this simple request is beyond solving, according to web support at FPL.

I cant just walk into an FPL office for help because I am back in Texas getting ready to put our house on the market. When my bill comes out, I would love to be able to pay online.

The last guy I spoke to suggest I just mail in. Brilliant solution huh?

I am really hoping that someone can help me.

Preferred solution: my password re-set

User's recommendation: Pray that FPL hires web service employees that understand simple web related issues

Korinna Bty

| map-marker Hollywood, Florida

Need to pay bill no computer

I need to speak to somebody not a computer will not let me set up automatic online. I need some kind of code or verification. Somebody needs to call me at 954-608-****.

User's recommendation: Need to speak live no computer

Joe H Irt

Terrible Customer Service and Website, just an awful excuse for a company

I have had service with them for over a year and when I was going to sell my house, I asked to have my service cut off. The people ended up backing out and when I called to keep my service on, a week prior, they cut it off anyways.

I had to repay the deposit and start a new service. I paid a week prior until the due date, and now they have returned all of my payments, and now I cannot pay online. It says it has a 3 day grace period, not a week and a half. I was trying to do the right thing and they screwed my anyways.

What was a hundred dollar bill is now over 350 and I cannot even pay online because of their incompetence. Their customer service is absolutely awful as well. Their AI tool is garbage, and after 42 minutes of being on hold, I was sent to an outsourced woman who didn't even know what I was talking about. Just an inferior company and shouldn't be allowed to operate.

The way they get around being a competent company is they're the only game in town, and they know. Just a terrible company and it shows, just not in my reviews, but literally anyone that has to experience they sheer ineptitude of how to operate.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything about this organization smells of fraud and greed

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't live in an area that they service

map-marker Miami, Florida

Someone sent email canceling my account

After spending almost 2 hours, problem has NOT been fixed! FOL cancelled my account out of the blue. My neighbors moved and FPL cancelled my service by error!

Kerop B

High Tension Wire

Florida Power And Light Company - High Tension Wire

Hello. This morning a company called PIKE came to my house and without my permission installed a high tension wire right in the middle of where I park all my cars.

This needs to be relocated. I have 4 cars and a boat and I need the space. The foreman told me to contact FPL and file a complaint.

Please contact me back. Thanks.

Preferred solution: Line removed