Featured
Chandler A Aye

Verified Reviewer

FPL refuses to help disabled veterans

Florida Power And Light Company - FPL refuses to help disabled veterans
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

I asked for assistance in helping with my electric bill. The customer service rep said they are unable to email me the information or mail me the information.

I explained that I couldnt write the information down because of early stages of Parkinsons. And she said theyre not able to help me.

Pros:
  • I have no idea
Cons:
  • Continued poor service

User's recommendation: Poor service

andra a Has

| map-marker Ponte Vedra, Florida

My mom passed away and her account used my personal email but now I need it to open my own fpl account

Hi, my mother passed away on 9/5/2023. I handled all of her finances and linked her two properties online to my email address.

I am now buying a property and I am trying to set up my own account, but it will not allow me to since my email is attached to my mother's name.

I have her death certificate, etc. Please help me so I can do a name change on the account or delete her account and start fresh.

Francis B Xgp

They burnt a third of my house out.

Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out.
Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out. - Image 2
Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out. - Image 3
Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out. - Image 4
Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out. - Image 5
Florida Power And Light Company - They burnt a third of my house out. - Image 6

Had a power surge. This one did the damage.

Considering the neighborhood and I have been calling about surges several times a week for the past 8 years. So the last surge burnt out a third of my house. FPL comes out twenty minutes later, says my house is overpowered. They leave the power on and leave.

10 minutes later, they pull up and say your power shouldn't be on, it could burn your house down. They changed the transformer and admit it's their fault. So I replace TVs, washer, dryer, Ring security system, AC system, breakers, and fridge. I file with them, they admit it's their fault and say they will make it right, jumped through hoops and got nothing still to this day.

I am out about $7,000. FPL sucks...

Loss:
Cons:
  • Are the cons enough said

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Why are you not working with an attorney?

Resolved
Nadege J Wjy

Verified Buyer

Resolved: Billing Issues

Updated by user Feb 25, 2024

There are no other options.

Original review Feb 24, 2024
We had an issue with our meters about 1yr ago. Someone came out to fix the error.

Prior to this, we felt we were being overcharged. The worker shared that they may make adjustments to correct the additional charges. After the meter was serviced, FPL failed to send us a bill for months. I would check the online portal monthly for updates, yet the balance remained at zero.

At this time, I assumed this was because they were overcharging before the meter was serviced. Months later, we received a large bill where we were given a limited amount of time to pay for the current monthly charge plus the 8 months they failed to charge us. Upset, I called and spoke to several people for answers. A manager shared they were short-staffed and were unable to create and submit a bill to me for almost 8 months.

It was so upsetting that I cried excessively due to their error. The manager had no compassion despite being their fault. He informed me the bill had to be paid because I used their services. Okay, I started making payments for 2 months worth of electricity monthly, basically.

After we've paid off, we are now getting inconsistent billing statements. We get emails about payments that we never made being returned. One time we made a payment for about $250, but we got an email the same day thanking us for a $350 payment. Days later, we received an email stating that $350 payment was returned by our bank.

And we were at risk for disconnection. We contacted our bank after speaking to a rep stating the $250 not $350 was returned by the bank. We filled a fraud complaint with the bank which was denied because they said FPL received this payment. We also keep getting emails about $10 payments being returned that we never made.

At this point FPL has and is continuously causing me and my fiancée so much emotional stress. Each time we get an email it causes so much stress. Calling customer service is useless.

I even tried going to their local office in west palm. HELP!
Pros:
  • Provides power
Cons:
  • Only power company poor customer service just poorly ran company

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Still looking for assistance myself

Sharon S Zzq

Verified Reviewer

Cannot confirm my auto pay

I sent paperwork for auto-pay last month, but I got the bill again this month. I signed up online and it said I was now on auto-pay. However, it does not show that on my account.

Leslie G Fsg

Vegetation removal

Inadequate ability to communicate through the website and app. When reporting an issue, including pictures of the situation as requested, the report did not go through.

The email attempt was rejected by the website: pgasa14.fplu.fpl.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

fpl_communications@***.fpl.com

Something went wrong, and your message couldn't be delivered. This could be a temporary issue.

Try resending the message in a few minutes. If that doesn't work, forward this message to your email admin.

User's recommendation: Have 2 hours to waste.

Michele P Iws

Verified Reviewer

Charging me another deposit, even though I pay my bills on full each month

I have paid my FPL bill in full since I moved in, I signed up for auto pay though, and 1 number of my routing number was wrong, so I thought my bill was being paid, they didn't tell me there was a problem for 3 months, I had no clue there was an issue...stopped auto pay, and have been paying each month full payment, now they want an additional deposit , 5 months later, I'm mad because you cannot speak to a human...what a rip off...can you speak to a live agent? Do they have an office in Sarasota, I do not trust them anymore...FPL sucks...is their any competition for electric company in Sarasota Florida?

I spoke to a human to get it connected, but you can't afterwards? I call bs...

Loss:
Pros:
  • Only service around
  • Need competition
Cons:
  • At all
  • For help
  • No human contact

Preferred solution: I live human to speak too

Rod C Ojt

Terrible company!

They made a mistake and disconnected us, agreed it was their fault, and apologized. Then, they took 27 hours to put the power back on in 95F temps. Spoiled food, ruined plans - just the worst experience!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor processes
  • Outdated procedures
  • Poor customer service

Patrick A Vuj

Can’t even speak to a live person,, Terrible. No options

I paid my bill and it said it would take 10 days to process, which goes beyond the final date for payment. How does a bill payment take 10 days to process?

Pros:
  • I get to turn a light on
Cons:
  • No customer service people

Preferred solution: A live customer service rep to speak to. Brutal

LisaO

Verified Reviewer

FPL are scammers they sell services they don't provide

I pay $17 per month for a ring on my electric meter that supposedly protects from power surges during a storm. This includes the extra protection plan that covers up to $5,000 in the event my appliances or electronics are damaged.

Well, I experienced a power surge 3 months ago and I am out of pocket for a few thousand dollars that FPL is not willing to pay. I submitted a claim and each time, they reject it saying it is incomplete with no additional information. You can't talk to the claims people, only customer service who do not know anything. This has been months of jumping through hoops and still nothing.

I have paid a licensed electrician to assess the damage and sign their claim form as they requested. They keep telling us we haven't submitted the right form and then send us back the same form!

They take your money every month but don't want to pay out when you have a claim... FRAUD!!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Provide power
Cons:
  • Do not stand behind their protection plans and have zero customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not pay for any extra services!!

Resolved
Lynda D Jua

Resolved: Billing errors

Updated by user Apr 26, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Told them I was going to WINK news and going to get a lawyer. Suddenly it was straightened out!

Original review Mar 27, 2024
For the last six weeks I have been battling with FPL! It all started with me giving them a new bank account number for auto pay.

From there, My debit card was compromised and since then, I get emails saying that my payments have been returned and to contact my bank. I have done this and there is nothing wrong at the bank end. I have emails stating that the payments were taken from different bank accounts other than mine and of course, they are returned. I am then charged with late fees, none of my doing!!!

Out of desperation, I suggested closing that account and giving me a new account # to be auto drafted from my new account. I have spoken to at least twenty agent and spent hours on the phone, trying to connect to a human and trying to explain what is happening. I paid odd the old account this morning, hoping to now move forward with the new number and no more hassle. It has been incredible!!!

My closed account is # 500366****. I believe I won't hear anymore from it! The new number is #408372****. I have been a FPL customer in good standing for close to five years and don't much like being threatened with disconnection etc.

Please help! Lynda E Draves
Cons:
  • There are no physical offices where this problem could be solved

Preferred solution: I want assurance that this is resolved and won't happen again! It is extremely stressful. I am Canadian and am going home April 24th. Don't need to worry that my power will be turned off for no reason!

Tammy C Dbi

Verified Reviewer

T hey owe me a refund but sent to wrong address keeps saying they canceled and reissued but still haven't received it

I closed my account and was supposedly issued a refund in February to the address at which I had the service disconnected. However, this was not the forwarding address I had provided them.

Finally, I got someone on the phone three weeks ago who told me they would cancel and reissue the refund to the correct address. Still, I have received nothing.

mike k Nol

Verified Reviewer

Show up at midnight for construction

Florida Power And Light Company - Show up at midnight for construction

12 am-5 am every night in front of my home. 3 nights in a row.

This company is terrible. I'll never use them.

Preferred solution: Apology

Neven Jek

| map-marker Yulee, Florida

Over charge incorrect bill

I just moved to the area and suddenly they added an enormous amount to my bill. It's not ours and now I can't reach a live rep

User's recommendation: Don't try to reach a human

Beatriz A Rnw

Unable to get a person to talk problem

I reported my new address, but it was not changed.

You charged services to the old address, and now you've closed my account.

I'm very disappointed with your company.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service people

Preferred solution: Person to speak

map-marker Miami, Florida

IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH A LIVE PERSON

You are using the wrong checking acct for my autopsy & then send me a disconnect notice. I hve gone to Utility Dr gave correct info & yet it continues

Gabriela T Bxb

Billing Inquiry / Surge Protection

Hello there,

Over the past few days, I have tried calling FPL from several numbers found online, as well as on my FPL app. The robot service provider does not provide an option that allows for my inquiry to be answered, nor does it provide me with the option to speak with a representative in person.

I am extremely frustrated. Please contact me via email with a number for a direct line to speak to an actual representative so I can have my issue resolved.

Gabriela Troche.

Preferred solution: I want to be connected with a in person representative from FPL to resolve my issue, not left hanging without a proper response from a robotic service.

User's recommendation: Disclaimer - Once you open an account with FPL you will not have the ability to be connect with an actual representative to assist with any inquiries. You will only be able to speak with a automated robotic service provider with limited ability to answer any inquires.

About